Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!! For those of us who are turkey overloaded and too stuffed to work, I thought I would “repost” one of our 30 Days of Blessings emails from last year! It is always a great idea to say thank you, so let’s do it again!
(For those of you who are new to the mittonmusings adventure, we ran a fun 30 days of emails last year, prompting us to a new “blessing” each day! Should we do it again?! Should we try another one?! Wanna get in on the action?! Subscribe to mittonmusings and get a weekly blog post straight to your inbox — and special invitations to campaigns and studies just like this one! Join the adventure here! )
Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! Say also: ‘Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather and deliver us from among the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise.” 1 Chronicles 16:34-35 (ESV)
Remember that list of Blessings we made back on Day 2? Time to pull it out and send some thank you’s to the people on it. Often we are truly thankful for our friends and family… but we don’t show it in tangible ways. Send a card (or flowers?) to a person to simply say “thank you” for the influence they are having in your life. Maybe take them out for dinner. The how is up to you… but be sure to include the reason why: to say thanks! This is also a good way to be an example for our children. Remind them to be thankful as well, by showing them how!
This is also the perfect opportunity to spend some time saying thanks to God for all your blessings. He is called Jehovah-jireh in Hebrew: the one who provides. Spend a few minutes giving Him thanks today.
- Challenge yourself to think of obscure or difficult people to be thankful for… like government leaders or your boss, or that person on your “hard to love” list
- Write some old fashion thank you cards and actually put them in the mail with a stamp!
- Share ideas with family and friends… get the kids involved or post your thanks on the group chat so everyone can see
- If you are joining us in October, send a special thank you to your church leader for #pastorappreciationmonth
- Can you think of another fun and fabulous way to thank someone?
- Remember to take a few special minutes to thank your Heavenly provider as well
“Now may the LORD show steadfast love and faithfulness to you. And I will do good to you because you have done this thing.” 2 Samuel 2:6 (ESV)